No matter your skin type, there’s a perfect cleanser for you. But with so many different products on the market, it can be tough to know which one to choose. In this post, we’ll discuss the best cleansers on the market and how to pick the right one for your individual skin needs. So keep reading to learn more!
Does the Cleanser You Use Matter?
When it comes to cleansers, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Your cleanser should be tailored to your specific skin type and needs. For example, people with dry skin often need a more moisturizing cleanser, while those with oily skin may need a cleanser that helps to control oil production. On the other hand, people with sensitive skin may need to avoid certain ingredients that can cause irritation. Choosing the right cleanser can make a big difference in the health and appearance of your skin. So take the time to find a cleanser that is right for you. Your skin will thank you for it.
5 Cleansers I Recommend
Before choosing a cleanser for your skin type, there are a few things to consider. The first is, what kind of skin do you have? Skin types include normal, dry, oily, combination, sensitive, and sun-damaged. The second thing to consider is what are your skin concerns? Do you have acne, scars, redness, pigmentation, or wrinkles? The third consideration is what ingredients do you want in your cleanser? Common ingredients include retinol, glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and vitamin C. With these things in mind, I recommend five cleansers for people with different skin types and concerns.
This facial cleanser is great for those with sensitive skin. It is soothing while also effectively cleanses the skin. If you are looking for a gentle cleanser that still does the trick, you will love how moisturized and soft your face feels after using the Gentle Foaming Cleanser.
- Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate Gently cleanses the skin to remove make-up, excess oil and impurities
- Chamomile Calms irritated skin and provides antioxidant benefits
- Allantoin Improves moisture retention, calms, and smooths skin
- Aloe Vera Hydrates, soothes, calms, and provides antioxidant benefits
- Panthenol Moisturizes and nourishes the skin while soothing oxidative stress
If you have oily skin or are concerned with correcting pigmentation, I recommend this cleanser. It contains nourishing botanicals and the essential acids needed to remove any dirt and dead skin cells that build up during the day. Your skin texture will look noticeably different after this cleanser cleans and smooths the skin.
- Salicylic Acid. A Beta-Hydroxy Acid that deeply cleans pores and exfoliates dead surface cells.
- Glycolic Acid. An Alpha-Hydroxy Acid that exfoliates dead skin cells and improves skin texture.
- Sucrose Laurate. A naturally-derived surfactant cleanses the skin without stripping it of its natural moisture content. V
- itamin C, Licorice and Lily Extract. Naturally, brighten skin.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol). Nourishes and restores moisture to the skin.
- White Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder). Provides antioxidant benefits.
Another great cleanser for brighter skin is the Papaya Enzyme Cleanser. You should consider this one if you struggle with clogged pores or dull skin. It is best for gently exfoliating dead skin cells, revealing the brighter, healthier skin underneath.
- Papain. An enzyme from Papaya Extract provides mild exfoliation for naturally vibrant skin.
- Salicylic Acid. Exfoliates the skin for a smoother complexion.
- Bixa Orellana Seed Extract. High in antioxidants with soothing properties.
Micellar water has been all the rage recently, and for a good reason. This gentle cleansing solution comprises tiny molecules called micelles, which are attracted to dirt and oil. When applied to the skin, micellar water can remove makeup, bacteria, and other impurities without stripping away the skin’s natural oils. In addition, micellar water is quick and easy to use – apply it to a cotton pad and wipe it away. No rinsing is required!
5. Oil Cleanser
You may be wondering why putting more oil on your face could be a good thing, but oil-based cleansers have several unique benefits that are great for your skin. Unlike water-based cleansers, an oil-based cleanser can dissolve the oil that can clog pores and lead to breakouts. Not only that, but this cleanser melts away stubborn makeup or sunscreen that can often be left behind even after washing your face, all while maintaining the natural oils your skin needs.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Nourishing antioxidant benefits, and protective & regenerative properties, sourced straight from the Mediterranean.
- Sunflower oil: Rich in omegas 6 and 9, which help restore and reinforce skin barrier functions.
- Clary sage: Helps even out skin tone and enhances radiance.
- Bottle made with 50% recycled plastic.
Double Cleansing: Is It Necessary?
While double cleansing may seem overkill, it’s the best way to clean your face. While it’s tempting to take the easy route of using a makeup wipe or single cleanser, dirt and debris get left behind even if you can’t see them in the mirror. So if you want clean and healthy skin, you will want to double cleanse to ensure that your pores remain clear and blemish-free. Here are two methods of double cleansing I recommend:
- Micellar Solution followed up by your preferred cleanser. The micellar water is excellent for removing makeup (yes, even stubborn eye makeup), and the cleanser will ensure that any residual impurities are also removed from the pores.
- Oil-based cleanser followed by regular cleanser – The oil-based cleanser helps break down your makeup and oil buildup from the day, while the water-based cleanser will wash the remaining dirt and debris away.
Now that you know a little more about the different types of cleansers and my top five picks, it’s time to find the right one for your skin type.
If you have any questions or concerns about your skin, don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m happy to help.