Volume loss can be a large contributor to signs of aging. With precise placement and a conservative approach, we can restore the natural contour of the face resulting in a youthful appearance. If you’ve noticed deepening folds, or the loss of defined cheeks or jawline, dermal fillers might be the solution. Let The Atlanta Injector create a custom treatment plan for you.
Dermal Fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, which occurs naturally in the skin. These soft gels are used to replace volume that is lost during the aging process or to enhance facial features. The entire procedure usually takes 60 minutes. Here’s how it works:
- Your skin will be cleaned and pretreatment photos will be taken.
- Your provider will develop a treatment plan custom to you.
- A small dose is injected just beneath the skin’s surface near the targeted areas using a tiny needle.
- Return to daily routines with a few precautions in place.
Common injection sites include:
- Under Eye
- Nasolabial Folds
Here are some tips for preparing before treatment:
- Schedule a consult: Before your first treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our Licensed Medical Providers to determine which treatment is best for you.
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks before special events to allow for swelling and or bruising that is common with dermal filler treatments.
- Avoid blood-thinning products: Certain supplements or medications can cause bruising or bleeding. Discontinue at least 3 days before your treatment after talking with your doctor about changing or stopping a prescription medication. The most common products discontinued before treatment are:
- Gingko Biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Flaxseed Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Essential fatty acids
Discontinue 24 hours before your treatment:
- Avoid Makeup
- Updates: Notify your skin care specialist about skin rashes, cold sores, or new skin conditions.
After your Dermal Filler treatment is complete, take a few precautions to get the most out of your treatment.
- High-intensity physical activity.
- Contact with your face, especially near the injection site.
- Getting any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks.
- Massaging, rubbing, or laying on your face for at least 12 hours unless specifically instructed by your provider.
- No dental procedures two weeks after your dermal filler treatment.
What to Expect from Your Treatment
Dermal filler results are immediate but bruising and swelling can occur post procedure. Your best results are seen two weeks after treatment. Desired results can require multiple treatments. Results typically last 6-12 months but can vary. If you’re ready to begin Dermal Filler treatments in the Atlanta area, our highly trained medical providers at The Atlanta Injector can get you started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Naturally enhance lip volume, reduce “smoker’s lines”, restore cheek and midface volume, reduce under eye hollowing, soften smile lines, add definition to jawline, enhance profile with chin augmentation.
We ask that you plan your procedures when you have two weeks to accommodate potential downtime. It is common to experience swelling, redness, bruising and tenderness after your treatment. We ask that you avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
While results are immediate, it can take 2 full weeks for swelling and bruising to subside. Your best results will be present 2 weeks after your treatment.
Most filler results last for 6–12 months but this depends on the type of filler used and can vary among patients.
The medical providers at The Atlanta Injector strive to provide the most comfortable treatments possible. Topical and injectable numbing techniques can be used to ease discomfort.
Common side effects of Dermal Fillers include bruising, swelling, and redness.
At The Atlanta Injector we pride ourselves on continuing education to ensure we are using the most up to date techniques to deliver undetectable results. We believe in results that leave you looking youthful and refreshed, never augmented.
Filler injections should not be used in pregnancy or when breastfeeding.
Book An Appointment
Whether you know the exact treatment for you or are looking for our expert opinion, a consultation appointment is a great place to start. Our licensed medical providers are happy to help!