Frustrated by stubborn fat that won’t budge? Kybella is the only FDA approved injectable to permanently eliminate fat cells. If you’re bothered by a double chin, jowls, belly fat or bra bulge, Kybella might be your new best friend. This quick procedure is done in the office with no surgery required. Atlanta’s top aesthetic providers are ready to create your custom treatment plan to slim those pesky pockets of fat.
The main active ingredient in Kybella is deoxycholic acid. This acid occurs naturally in our bodies and helps in the breakdown of fatty foods. We are able to inject Kybella into the area of fat in a quick office procedure. With this treatment, fat cells are destroyed forever. Most patients require 2-4 treatments to achieve optimal results. The entire procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes. Here’s how it works:
- Your skin will be cleaned and pretreatment photos will be taken.
- Your provider will develop a treatment plan customized to you.
- The area is numbed using ice packs.
- Kybella is injected using the smallest needles available.
- Post Kybella treatment swelling is common and can last up to 2 weeks with mild swelling lasting longer.
- Retreatment is performed 4-6 weeks later.
Common injection sites include:
- Submentum (double chin)
- Bra Bulge
- Abdomen/Belly Fat
Here are some tips for preparing before treatment:
- Schedule a consult: Before your first treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our Licensed Medical Providers to determine which treatment is best for you.
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks before special events to allow for swelling and or bruising that is common with dermal filler treatments.
- Avoid blood-thinning products: Certain supplements or medications can cause bruising or bleeding. Discontinue at least 3 days before your treatment after talking with your doctor about changing or stopping a prescription medication. The most common products discontinued before treatment are:
- Gingko Biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Flaxseed Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Essential fatty acids
Discontinue 24 hours before your treatment:
- Avoid Makeup
- Updates: Notify your skin care specialist about skin rashes, cold sores, or new skin conditions.
After your Kybella procedure is complete, take a few precautions to get the most out of your treatment.
- High-intensity physical activity for 24 hours
- Contact with your face, especially near the injection site.
- Getting any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks.
What to Expect from Your Treatment
You’ll most likely experience swelling and mild discomfort starting the day of your treatment. The discomfort is usually very mild and persists for a few days. Swelling can be significant and persist for up to 2 weeks. Mild swelling and inflammation can persist longer. Over the next 6 weeks you will begin to see a reduction in the fullness of the area treated. Most people require a minimum of 2-4 treatments to reach optimal results. If you’re ready to begin Kybella treatments in the Atlanta area, our highly trained medical providers at Cult Aesthetics can get you started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Book An Appointment
Whether you know the exact treatment for you or are looking for our expert opinion, a consultation appointment is a great place to start. Our licensed medical providers are happy to help!