The Atlanta Injector’s favorite treatment to improve the skin’s texture while stimulating collagen! This quick treatment with minimal downtime can reduce fine lines, correct hyperpigmentation, and improve acne scarring. Atlanta’s top aesthetic and dermatology specialists are ready to create a custom treatment plan that restores your skin to a youthful appearance.
Microneedling works by controlled micro-trauma to the skin resulting in collagen production. This results in smoother skin, reduced fine lines, reduced pigmentation, and an overall improvement in skin quality. The entire procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes.
Common injection sites include:
Here are some tips for preparing before treatment:
- Schedule a consult: Before your first treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our skin care specialists to answer your questions and determine which treatment is best for you.
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment about 2 weeks before special events to allow redness and swelling to diminish. Discontinue topical retinoids 24 hours before treatment. If you have been treated with Isotretinoin in the past year please discuss this with your medical provider.
- Avoid blood-thinning products: Certain supplements or medications can cause bruising or bleeding. Discontinue at least 3 days before your treatment after talking with your doctor about changing or stopping a prescription medication. The most common products discontinued before treatment are:
- Gingko Biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Flaxseed Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Essential fatty acids
Discontinue 24 hours before your treatment:
- Avoid Makeup
- Updates: Notify your skin care specialist about skin rashes, cold sores, or new skin conditions.
After your microneedling procedure is complete, take a few precautions to get the most out of your treatment.
- High-intensity physical activity for 24 hours.
- Avoid applying makeup the day of your procedure.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and continuously use broad-spectrum SPF 30+.
What to Expect from Your Treatment
It’s important to follow the skincare regimen provided by your medical provider. Gentle skincare should be continued until your skin has fully healed. Redness, swelling, and peeling are common. You’ll begin seeing an improvement in fine lines and texture immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Microneedling is used to stimulate collagen, reduce fine lines, improve melasma and hyperpigmentation, and reduce acne scarring.
Redness, swelling, and peeling are common. We recommend scheduling your microneedling treatment around your social schedule.
You can return to work immediately after treatment.
Microneedling can be performed while you are breastfeeding once approved by your OBGYN.
Book An Appointment
Whether you know the exact treatment for you or are looking for our expert opinion, a consultation appointment is a great place to start. Our licensed medical providers are happy to help!