BOTOX® & Dysport® Injections
Want to look refreshed and rested? Botox and Dysport treatments help smooth wrinkles and fine lines that occur with normal aging. If you’ve noticed a few more wrinkles lately, you’re not alone. The good news is Atlanta’s best aesthetic providers are ready to create a treatment plan that helps restore a youthful appearance.
Wrinkle relaxers work primarily by blocking muscle contraction. This softens the surrounding muscles and leads to fewer fine lines on the skin’s surface. The entire procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes. Here’s how it works:
- Your skin will be cleaned and pretreatment photos will be taken.
- Your provider will develop a treatment plan customized to you.
- A small dose is injected just beneath the skin’s surface near the targeted areas using a tiny needle.
- Return to daily routines with a few precautions in place.
Common injection sites include:
- Frown Lines
- Forehead Lines
- Crow’s feet
- Neck Bands
- Jawline to slim large masseters and reduce TMJ symptoms
- Gummy smiles
- Lip Flip
Here are some tips for preparing before treatment:
- Schedule a consult: Before your first treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our Licensed Medical Providers to determine which treatment is best for you.
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks before special events to allow for swelling and or bruising that is common with dermal filler treatments.
- Avoid blood-thinning products: Certain supplements or medications can cause bruising or bleeding. Discontinue at least 3 days before your treatment after talking with your doctor about changing or stopping a prescription medication. The most common products discontinued before treatment are:
- Gingko Biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Flaxseed Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Essential fatty acids
Discontinue 24 hours before your treatment:
- Avoid Makeup
- Updates: Notify your skin care specialist about skin rashes, cold sores, or new skin conditions.
After your Botox or Dysport procedure is complete, take a few precautions to get the most out of your treatment.
- High-intensity physical activity.
- Contact with your face, especially near the injection site.
- Getting any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks.
- Massaging, rubbing, or laying on your face for at least 12 hours to prevent the Botox from migrating.
What to Expect from Your Treatment
You’ll begin seeing an improvement in fine lines and wrinkles near the injection site that peak at 2 weeks. Over the next three months your muscle movement will return to baseline. For this reason, most people schedule treatments every 3 to 4 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Neurotoxins are commonly used to relax wrinkles. Common areas we treat are the frown lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines, crow’s feet around the eye, bunny lines across the nose, frown lines at the corners of the mouth, hyperactive chin movement, reduction of square jawline, relaxation of TMJ symptoms, neck banding.
Botox or Dysport can also be used to treat hyperactive sweating in the underarms and palms.
Wrinkles form from repeated facial movements, exposure to damaging sun rays, and natural thinning of skin.
Baby Botox (micro-Botox) describes treatments that use smaller amounts of neurotoxin. This is only appropriate for patients using Botox preventively. It is worth noting it doesn’t last as long as more traditional treatments.
For most people, there is no downtime associated with cosmetic neurotoxin treatments of Botox or Dysport.
You can return to work immediately after treatment. We’re happy to apply a tinted SPF after your treatment.
Because the needle is so small, most people report little to no discomfort from treatments.
Side effects are minimal, but some patients report headaches, flu-like symptoms, itching, redness, swelling, or bruising near the injection site. Symptoms generally fade in about an hour.
At The Atlanta Injector, our medical providers are trained to administer treatments in appropriate dosages that can help achieve natural-looking results.
Most people start getting Botox treatments when they see fine lines or wrinkles while their face is at rest.
Book An Appointment
Whether you know the exact treatment for you or are looking for our expert opinion, a consultation appointment is a great place to start. Our licensed medical providers are happy to help!