PDO Thread Lift Treatment
A PDO Thread Lift is an FDA-approved treatment that uses polydioxanone threads to lift and tighten sagging skin tissues on the face, especially those that form the nasolabial fold.
Thread lift treatments use medical-grade PDO suture material with painless, microscopic barbs embedded in the thread. The barbs grab your skin and delicately lift the cheeks and jawline to reduce the prominence of the nasolabial fold and marionette lines. The barbs ensure that the thread securely grips the underlying tissues and muscles as the threads are pulled into place to create the desired facial shape.
The entire procedure usually takes 60 minutes.
Here’s how it works:
- Your skin will be cleaned and pretreatment photos will be taken.
- Your provider will develop a treatment plan custom to you.
- A small amount of numbing is injected
- A cannula is used to insert the PDO Thread into the middle layer of the skin
- Return to daily routines with a few precautions in place.
Common areas treated include:
- Nasolabial Folds
Here are some tips for preparing for your PDO Thread Lift treatment:
- Schedule a consult: Before your first treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our Licensed Medical Providers to determine which treatment is best for you.
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment at least 2-4 weeks before special events to allow for swelling and or bruising that is common with dermal filler treatments.
- Avoid blood-thinning products: Certain supplements or medications can cause bruising or bleeding. Discontinue at least 3 days before your treatment after talking with your doctor about changing or stopping a prescription medication. The most common products discontinued before treatment are:
- Gingko Biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Flaxseed Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Essential fatty acids
Discontinue 24 hours before your treatment:
- Avoid Makeup
- Updates: Notify your skin care specialist about skin rashes, cold sores, or new skin conditions.
After your PDO Thread treatment is complete, take a few precautions to get the most out of your treatment.
- High-intensity physical activity.
- Contact with your face, especially near entry sites.
- Getting any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks.
- Massaging, rubbing, or laying on your face for at least 12 hours unless specifically instructed by your provider.
- No dental procedures two weeks after your dermal filler treatment.
- Avoid exaggerated facial expressions
What to Expect from Your Treatment
The result of the Thread Lift is immediate and even more noticeable after 1-2 weeks when all the swelling and potential bruising has resolved. The results will continue to improve as your skin produces more collagen over the next several months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lift and tighten sagging skin tissues on the face, especially those that form the nasolabial fold.
We ask that you plan your procedures when you have two weeks to accommodate potential downtime. It is common to experience swelling, redness, bruising and tenderness after your treatment. We ask that you avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
While results are immediate, it can take 2 full weeks for swelling and bruising to subside. Your best results will be present 2 weeks after your treatment.
Thread lifts last 6-8 months while the collagen stimulation lasts much longer.
The medical providers at The Atlanta Injector strive to provide the most comfortable treatments possible. Topical and injectable numbing techniques can be used to ease discomfort.
At The Atlanta Injector we pride ourselves on continuing education to ensure we are using the most up to date techniques to deliver undetectable results. We believe in results that leave you looking youthful and refreshed, never augmented.
PDO Thread Treatments should not be used in pregnancy or when breastfeeding.
Book An Appointment
Whether you know the exact treatment for you or are looking for our expert opinion, a consultation appointment is a great place to start. Our licensed medical providers are happy to help!