Sciton Halo Treatment
Sciton Halo is the world’s first hybrid fractional laser. This treatment stimulates your body’s natural healing process, producing new and healthy cells to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, and scars. Sciton Halo can be used on almost all skin types, tones, and ages to treat sun and age spots, laxity, hyperpigmentation, melasma, and vascular conditions.
Sciton Halo combines two different treatments into one by using both ablative and non-ablative wavelengths. Each wavelength can be adjusted to accommodate different types of skin, making each patient’s treatment customized to their needs. This innovative technology measures the skin’s temperature during treatment and adjusts automatically to the patient’s specifications. When combined together, these wavelengths provide both short-term and long-term benefits. By utilizing the skin’s own healing process, new and healthy skin is produced in a short amount of time, lifting and firming the texture of skin with less recovery time.
Treatments typically take 15-30 minutes.
Here are some tips for preparing before treatment:
- Schedule a consult: Before your first treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our skin care specialists to answer your questions and determine which treatment is best for you.
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment about 2 weeks before special events to allow redness and swelling to diminish. Discontinue topical retinoids 24 hours before treatment. If you have been treated with Isotretinoin in the past year please discuss this with your medical provider.
- Avoid blood-thinning products: Certain supplements or medications can cause bruising or bleeding. Discontinue at least 3 days before your treatment after talking with your doctor about changing or stopping a prescription medication. The most common products discontinued before treatment are:
- Gingko Biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Flaxseed Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Essential fatty acids
Discontinue 24 hours before your treatment:
- Avoid Makeup
- Updates: Notify your skin care specialist about skin rashes, cold sores, or new skin conditions.
The Sciton Halo treatment is non-invasion and patients can resume regular activity within 24 hours of treatment. However, it is important to take a few precautions to get the most out of your treatment.
- High-intensity physical activity for 24 hours.
- Avoid applying makeup the day of your procedure.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and continuously use broad-spectrum SPF 30+.
What to Expect from Your Treatment
Results can be achieved in 1-2 treatments with some patients opting to continue 1-2 yearly maintenance treatments as needed. It’s important to follow the skincare regimen provided by your medical provider. Gentle skincare should be continued until your skin has fully healed. You will notice results within a week. There will be continuous improvement overtime.
Frequently Asked Questions
Book An Appointment
Whether you know the exact treatment for you or are looking for our expert opinion, a consultation appointment is a great place to start. Our licensed medical providers are happy to help!