Sculptra + Radiesse Injections
Biostimulators are a type of injectable used to stimulate collagen and/or elastin.This can improve skin texture, reduce skin laxity, and replace volume loss.
The two types of biostimulators we use are Sculptra and Radiesse. Biostimulators work primarily by stimulating collagen and elastin which improve skin laxity and replace volume loss. This treatment usually consists of two to three sessions spaced six weeks apart. The entire procedure usually takes less than 50 minutes. Common injection sites include:
Common injection sites include:
- Mid Face and Cheeks
- Lateral Smile Lines
- Neck Laxity
- Chest Wrinkles
- Butt Augmentation
Here are some tips for preparing before treatment:
- Schedule a consult: Before your first treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our Licensed Medical Providers to determine which treatment is best for you.
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks before special events to allow for swelling and or bruising that is common with dermal filler treatments.
- Avoid blood-thinning products: Certain supplements or medications can cause bruising or bleeding. Discontinue at least 3 days before your treatment after talking with your doctor about changing or stopping a prescription medication. The most common products discontinued before treatment are:
- Gingko Biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Flaxseed Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Essential fatty acids
Discontinue 24 hours before your treatment:
- Avoid Makeup
- Updates: Notify your skin care specialist about skin rashes, cold sores, or new skin conditions.
After your Biostimulator procedure is complete, take a few precautions to get the most out of your treatment.
- High-intensity physical activity for 24 hours.
- Getting any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks.
- Bruising and swelling can persist for up to 2 weeks post procedure.
- Often massaging for five minutes, five times a day, for five days is recommended post procedure to increase results.
What to Expect from Your Treatment
Biostimulators work by stimulating your own collagen production. Results are gradual and can require multiple treatments. Bruising and swelling are common side effects. Once optimal results are achieved the results can last 2-3 years. If you’re ready to begin sculpture or radiuses treatments in the Atlanta area, our highly trained medical providers at The Atlanta Injector can get you started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Biostimulators are used to improve volume loss in temples and mid cheeks as well as reduce laxity and improve skin texture.
For most people, there is minimal downtime. Bruising, swelling, and tenderness can be common and usually resolve in a few days but can persist up to 2 weeks.
You can return to work immediately after treatment. We’re happy to apply a tinted SPF after your treatment.
The most common side effects are swelling, bruising, and injection site tenderness. Less common are nodules at the injection site.
At The Atlanta Injector, our medical providers are trained to administer treatments in appropriate dosages that can help achieve natural-looking results.
Book An Appointment
Whether you know the exact treatment for you or are looking for our expert opinion, a consultation appointment is a great place to start. Our licensed medical providers are happy to help!