Sylfirm RF MCN
Sylfirm is the world’s first FDA approved pulsed wave and continuous wave radio frequency microneedling system. This quick treatment with minimal downtime can improve skin laxity, texture, tone, and minimize the appearance of scars. Sylfirm targets both skin laxity and pigmentation for ultimate skin revitalization.
Sylfirm is a minimally invasive device that stimulates the natural production of collagen for the treatment of Melasma, redness, hyperpigmentation, acne, rosacea, and scarring. The entirety of the appointment will take approximately an hour with the producer lasting 30 minutes. Sylfirm can give patients promising results with minimal discomfort and downtime.
- Minimization of pores, wrinkles, stretch marks and fine lines
- Tightening and toning of the face, neck, hands, and body
- Promotes scalp circulation and skin rejuvenation
Common areas treated:
Here are some tips for preparing before treatment:
- Schedule a consult: Before your first treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our skin care specialists to answer your questions and determine which treatment is best for you.
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment about 2 weeks before special events to allow redness and swelling to diminish. Discontinue topical retinoids 24 hours before treatment. If you have been treated with Isotretinoin in the past year please discuss this with your medical provider.
- Avoid blood-thinning products: Certain supplements or medications can cause bruising or bleeding. Discontinue at least 3 days before your treatment after talking with your doctor about changing or stopping a prescription medication. The most common products discontinued before treatment are:
- Gingko Biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Flaxseed Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Essential fatty acids
Discontinue 24 hours before your treatment:
- Avoid Makeup
- Updates: Notify your skin care specialist about skin rashes, cold sores, or new skin conditions.
After your Sylfirm treatment is complete, take a few precautions to get the most out of your treatment.
- High-intensity physical activity for 24 hours.
- Avoid applying makeup the day of your procedure.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and continuously use broad-spectrum SPF 30+.
What to Expect from Your Treatment
It’s important to follow the skincare regimen provided by your medical provider. Gentle skincare should be continued until your skin has fully healed. Symptoms can vary with each patient. You may see slight redness, swelling, dryness, and irritation on treated areas. These may last up to 1-10 days. You’ll begin seeing an improvement in fine lines and texture immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sylfirm is a FDA cleared microneedling system with dual wave technology, that safely treats neovascularity, including hard-to-treat conditions like rosacea and melasma.The combination of pulsed waves and continuous waves ensure selective coagulation using bi-polar and non-insulated gold needles for the treatment of damaged skin cells while maintaining overall skin health.
Radio frequency provides heat that stimulates collagen production which has been found to lead to tighter younger looking skin. When combined with state-of-the art microneedling, patients experience optimal results.
Sylfirm has minimal downtown, but symptoms can vary with each patient. Slight redness swelling, dryness, and irritation may occur. These can last anywhere from 1 to 10 days.
You can return to work immediately after treatment.
RF Microneedling is not recommended while pregnant.
Book An Appointment
Whether you know the exact treatment for you or are looking for our expert opinion, a consultation appointment is a great place to start. Our licensed medical providers are happy to help!