VI Peel Treatment
The VI Peel treatment is a chemical peel that will produce skin cell turnover to reveal new skin and help with collagen stimulation. The treatments are designed to lift pigment, remove sun damage, alleviate acne and scarring, and fight fine lines and wrinkles.
VI Peel Treatment Overview
The three types of treatments we use are VI Peel Advance, VI Peel Precision Plus, and VI Peel Body. VI Peel treatments are designed to lift pigment, stimulate collagen, remove sun damage, alleviate acne and scarring, improve stretch marks, and fight lines and wrinkles. This treatment usually consists of 3-6 sessions spaced 4 weeks apart to help with pigmentation or 1 session every 4 months for anti-aging.
The entire procedure usually takes less than 10 minutes.
Common treatment sites include:
- Full Face
Here are some tips for preparing before treatment:
- Schedule a consult: Before your first treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our skin care specialists to answer your questions and determine which treatment is best for you.
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment about 2 weeks before special events to allow time for regenerating new skin.
- Avoid blood-thinning products: Certain supplements or medications can cause bruising or bleeding. Discontinue at least 3 days before your treatment after talking with your doctor about changing or stopping a prescription medication. The most common products discontinued before treatment are:
- Gingko Biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Flaxseed Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Essential fatty acids
Discontinue 24 hours before your treatment:
- Avoid Makeup
- Updates: Notify your skin care specialist about skin rashes, cold sores, or new skin conditions. Notify your provider of any autoimmune disease.
After your VI Peel treatment is complete, take a few precautions to get the most out of your treatment.
- High-intensity physical activity for 72-96 hours.
- Avoid direct and extreme sun exposure for 7 days.
- Getting any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks.
- Peeling can persist for up to 10 days post procedure.
- Follow steps on the post treatment kit with skincare products and SPF.
What to Expect from Your VI Peel Treatment
Chemical Peels are gently wiped over treatment areas in layers. You may experience slight warmness and tingling in the beginning, but this should subside quickly. Fans are used to make sure the treatment is very comfortable. Usually a series of at least three to six treatment sessions is recommended for pigmentation or three to four sessions for antiaging.
Frequently Asked Questions
Book An Appointment
Whether you know the exact treatment for you or are looking for our expert opinion, a consultation appointment is a great place to start. Our licensed medical providers are happy to help!